Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Training for Catechists

I am taking the online course “Apostles Creed” as part of the 80 hour training for cathechists. These courses are designed to ensure that all the catechists in the Archdiocese are well formed themselves, and they are extremely helpful.  I took most of these courses 10 years ago when I first took on this position, and found each one to have something valuable for me, however varying the quality; sometimes I learn material, and sometimes I confirm my previous understanding, but both are worth the time.  The online courses have a different feeling, because they force one to post and thereby participate -- and it is a wonderful window into the diversity of the Archdiocese and the amazing ways that the Spirit is expressed through people. They bring a breadth of experience and sensibility which expands my understanding of the material. 

Here's the link: http://www.nyfaithformation.org/central-offices/catechist-formation/catechist-formation-schedule-of-courses/


No comments: